Director of business development
Perceptive Automata is a fast-growing machine learning and computer vision company started by Harvard, Stanford and MIT scientists. We are using our transformative autonomous vehicle technology to help make life safer and happier for millions of people. We're working with Silicon Valley investors who have supported some of the fastest-growing tech companies in the world.
The director of business development (BD) is a core externally focused function of Perceptive Automata. S/he will be expected to be the company’s face in the industry, evangelize the company’s products and technology with relevant automotive decision makers, and develop a rich and ongoing understanding of the relationships and competitive dynamics in the automotive vertical. The success criteria will be measured primarily in terms of contribution to the effort of driving paid engagements with relevant strategic partners. This role reports to the CEO.
- Manage the company’s business development pipeline for the automotive vertical
- Collect strategic and marketing insights from partner and industry networks
- Participate in the developing the business development strategy for the automotive vertical
- Attend conferences, local events to meet and remain engaged with potential partners and customers
- Evangelize Perceptive Automata technology solution through speaking at relevant events & conferences
- Manage exhibitors table at conferences
- Review BD progress against goals on a periodic basis with CEO
- Bachelor’s degree, technical degree preferred but not required
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills
- Business development experience preferred
- Automotive experience preferred but not needed
- Experience with and understanding of technical communication and technical sales
full time/part time/consultant
on site in Cambridge, MA; SFBA, Detroit or Germany remote considered
- Competitive compensation including benefits and equity
- Company culture committed to sustainable performance with work/life balance
- Guest lectures, learning opportunities with connections to labs at Harvard and elsewhere, and publication opportunities
- Lunch reimbursement
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR RESUME TO JOBS@PERCEPTIVEAUTOMATA.COM.
Are you an experienced programmer with extensive experience in developing real-time software products, but you don’t see yourself above? Get in touch! We’re a growing business and always looking for quality candidates that don’t fit easily into the boxes we envision.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or ability status.